1. Registration and Account Security
PeerCord users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on PeerCord, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without our permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account. Valid university e-mails are required to login to PeerCord. Users that somehow are able to login into the app by tricking the system you will be removed from PeerCord.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your PeerCord for your commercial gain.
- You will not use PeerCord if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your name, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
We do our best to keep PeerCord safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep PeerCord safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
0. You will not post inappropriate posts on anonymous feed.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access PeerCord, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use PeerCord to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of PeerCord, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other PeerCord functionality.
You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
3. Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on PeerCord that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on PeerCord if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on PeerCord.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent.
4. Data Policy
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others. Data Policy will be amended from time to time and we will notify you when we make changes to our policies.
5. Content and Information
1. Content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and other study materials such as notes etc you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with PeerCord (IP License).
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services. If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page. Your continued use of PeerCord, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of PeerCord to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on PeerCord, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on PeerCord and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on PeerCord. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on PeerCord. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of PeerCord.
WE TRY TO KEEP PEERCORD , BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING PEERCORD AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT PEERCORD WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT PEERCORD WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. PEERCORD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR PEERCORD WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, PEERCORD’S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.